In this month’s article, we are talking about making sure you are living a full, rich life by filling in, and acting on, your Grid of Life. Once you’ve filled in the nine boxes of the aspects of your life that are most important to you, you need to take the steps to make sure you are engaging with each aspect. Here is how you can start:
1. After you have filled in your grid, pick one of the boxes to work on. Shut your eyes and visualize what you would like that part of your life to look like. What would you be doing? How would you be interacting with the people around you? How would it feel? Remember the two key ingredients: 100% commitment and acting as if you count.
2. When you get a clear picture, take a blank piece of paper and begin writing down what your mind created for you, paying attention to all the details. This will help you with the next step.
3. List the many things that would have to be done in order to make your visualization become a reality. Again, take time to think this through carefully. You have to take action to make your real life match your visualization. Action will be the key to your success.
4. Repeat the first three steps for every area of your grid. It is important to keep in mind that whatever you create in your grid can become a reality—if you are committed to taking the necessary action. You will be amazed at what a beautiful life begins to emerge—so rich, full, loving, and giving.
5. Every day create specific goals that reflect all the boxes in your grid. If you are already a daily goal setter, your goals are probably focuses on one area of your life, your work. Now, it’s time to expand your daily To Do list. When you set goals for all areas on your grid, your life will become more balanced.
With some thoughtful planning and taking action, you will find that living your Whole Life can be full of possibilities!